Construction & Renovation Project Overview
Estimated Completion Date:
DWM Construction & Renovation evaluated and quoted the remediation work required to repair the interior walls that received water damage after a storm at a nation retailer's North Carolina location. Based on these findings DWM Construction & Renovation was contracted to complete a 5 week mold remediation project. This is a 3 phase project where each location in the store has it's own phase. Upon completion, all areas will be retested and put back together. The reconstruction of the affected areas involves fixturing, wallpaper, and paint.
Punch List Items:
- Put down 1/8" thick Masonite boards to protect floor when removing items and go to dumpster. All trash and fixtures will go in and out of the fire exit in the rear of the building in religion section
- Remove ceiling grid back to where the containment barrier will be erected
- Disconnect lay in lights or suspend in work area and take down the track lighting as required to give you an area to safely work
- Install containment barrier
- Containment wall must go floor to roof deck with the except of where there are book gondolas that will be draped in plastic and taped off, assuming we can find a way to do plastic.
- All HVAC ducting needs to be sealed off with bags, if possible turn off the on zone of HVAC by killing power to it
- Containment wall should have one door in and out large enough for a scissor lift and all materials
- Remove fixtures in containment area and store them in the pod, please note and photo graph any damage or mold you see to fixtures at this time
- Drywall is to be removed corner to corner from the floor to the roof deck.
- Inspect insulation for mold and document as necessary if you find it present.
- Treat all areas with moldicide and document the treatment
- Have area tested for mold by third party testing company
- Install new 5/8" drywall and finish it to a smooth surface
- Prime new wall floor to a foot above ceiling grid roughly
- Clean carpet as much as possible
- Install wall fixtures
- Remove containment wall
- Drape plastic from grid to floor to isolate work area
- Install new wall angle and reassemble the grid
- Install lighting and HVAC Diffusers into grid
- Install new ceiling tiles
- Install wall fixtures
- Release area back to store only after this is completed and environmental testing is clean