Construction & Renovation Project Overview
Estimated Completion Date:
DWM was awarded a 1 week cafe refresh project in Memphis, TN. The project includes FF&E, flooring, electrical, and plumbing. All work will be completed with the supervision of an on-site DWM Project Manager. The week long project will be cleaned and inspected prior to turnover.
Scope of Work
- Supply a 40 yard dumpster for all café waste. Replace as necessary. Coordinate dumpster placement with Store and Property Management.
- Drop Plastic from Dining Room Soffit. Secure to prevent dust/debris from entering bookstore. A zippered pass thru is acceptable.
- Café Dining Room floor should be protected in walkways and where tools, supplies, cabinetry are to be stored. ¼” fiberboard is acceptable.
- Disconnect all equipment and secure lines appropriately
- Café equipment is removed and stored in Café Dining Room. Cover with Plastic and secure. Any café equipment not being reused is to be removed from premises.
- Cabinets and countertops and any remaining accessories are removed and disposed of.
- Remove all the low walls of the café serving area along with the seating bars.
- Install the new 54” tall low walls.
- Layout for new services floor penetrations to be cut.
- Floor to be saw cut (NO GAS OPERATIONS), and excess debris removed as required
- Material removed from Floor cuts may be stored in café on plastic sheeting to protect existing flooring.
- Continue rough-in services.
- Any old Café Equipment that is not being re-used is to be removed and disposed of off site.
- Remove the Entrance Menu Pillars and dispose of. Repair flooring as needed.
- Repair floor cuts/penetrations after inspections using appropriate materials to match existing and meet local codes.
- Install all necessary tile, cove, and grout using "quickset" materials. This will include any tile needs in the Dining Room and Sales Area.
- Install the new die wall for the front cabinets. Once set in place, secure the legs to the floor with appropriate screws or bolts.
- Cover the removable panels on the die wall with wallpaper.
- New Café Cabinets to be set and secured.
- Sub tops & Solid Surface tops to be set on all cabinetry and, if necessary, modified as required.
- Pastry Case and Beverage Cooler to be put in place on front line.
- Install 18” tall Solid Surface backsplash on back and side lines after countertop work is completed.
- Paint the workroom painted surfaces and repair any ceramic tile issues.
- Install the" ½ doors at the entrance to the café sales area.
- Trim out of all plumbing and electrical needs.
- Install new data lines to front cabinetry for new Cash Registers.
- Install new Ceiling tiles in the Café sales area and workroom.
- Paint the dining room ceiling and any wood trim.
Day 4: 8/2/19