Construction & Renovation Project Overview
Estimated Completion Date:
DWM Construction & Renovation began bidding out this 10-day cafe refresh in April. The refresh FF&E job includes general, electrical, plumbing, and cabinetry to improve the design of the front-line to be in line with the client's new prototyped design. The project, within the Mall of America, includes on-site project management for the duration of the project.
- Supply a 40 yard dumpster for all café waste. Replace as necessary. Coordinate dumpster placement with Store and Property Management.
- Drop plastic from ceiling to enclose the entire café and all café dining room. Secure to prevent dust/debris from entering bookstore. A zippered pass thru is acceptable.
- Café Dining Room floor should be protected in walkways and where tools, supplies, cabinetry are to be stored. ¼” fiberboard is acceptable.
- Disconnect all plumbing and electric equipment and secure lines appropriately
- Café equipment is removed and stored. Cover with Plastic and secure. Any café equipment not being reused is to be removed from premises.
- Remove the 4 pony walls in the café dining room and dispose of. Replace/Repair the floor tile as required.
- Cabinets and countertops and any remaining accessories are removed and disposed of.
- Remove sheetrock from back and side walls to expose existing services for back and side café cabinetry lines.
- Lay out for new services floor penetrations to be cut. Floor to be core cut (NO GAS OPERATIONS) and excess debris removed as required.Old or abandoned floor penetrations to be appropriately repaired as required.
- Electrician and Plumber to continue rough-in services.
- Trucks with New Café Cabinetry, countertops, die wall, pony wall and accessories will arrive no later than 8 PM and the GC shall supply necessary workers to unload and stage in Café Dining Room. Cover with Plastic as needed to protect.
- Any old Café Equipment that is not being re-used is to be removed and disposed of off site.
- GC to install new Pony wall to frame the café side line as shown on the drawing.
- Appropriate cleanup at end of day.\
- Uncrate the new beverage cooler and Pastry Case and stage in the café dining room. Cover to protect the new cases.
- Remove wallpaper & repair the sheetrock to a paint finish.
- Paint walls with client-spec'd paint color.
- Seal all floor penetrations with acceptable waterproof material after inspection.
- Sheetrock to be installed on walls. Tape as appropriate with quick set materials.
- Install all necessary tile and grout using quickset materials.
- Locate and install the new die wall for the front cabinets. Once in place and leveled, secure the legs to the floor with appropriate fasteners.
- Install the supplied metal cove base on the die wall.
- Supply and install smooth white FRP to the back and side walls behind the cabinets from the top of the ceramic cove base.
- New Café Cabinets to be set on back and side wall.
- New Café Cabinets to be set on front line as shown on drawing.
- Sub tops to be set on all cabinetry and, if necessary, modified as required.
- Corian tops and subtops to be set on all cabinetry.
- Pastry Case and Beverage Cooler to be set in place on front line.
- Install 18” tall Solid Surface backsplash on back and side counter lines after countertop work is completed.
- Repair and paint the workroom painted surfaces and repair any ceramic tile issues.
- Install the supplied doors
- Install any new water filtration system
- Install plumbing services for all appliances.
- Install the under counter water manifold for the Espresso Machines.
- All sinks, ice bins, dipper well, etc. to be bedded and installed with clear silicon.
- All fixtures shall have separate shutoffs. No fixture shall share a shutoff.
- Provide and install any backflow preventers as required by code.
- Furnish & install 3 new smoke detectors & bases
- Furnish & install 21 new speaker/strobes
- Furnish & install 2 strobe only in the bathrooms
- Furnish & install Dual relay I.A.M.s
- Provide programming for the above devices.
- Furnish & install M.O.A. required V.A.V. backbone
- Provide communication line to 1 existing V.A.V. box
- Install current sensor to fan motor leads to monitor fan status
- Current sensor ties back to an input on the V.A.V. board
- Program as required.
- Trim out of all electrical circuits.