Construction & Renovation Project Overview
Estimated Completion Date:
- General Contractor to supply a 40 yard dumpster for all café waste. Coordinate dumpster placement with Store and Property Management. If additional dumpster necessary we are restricted to one on site at any time.
- General Contractor to drop Plastic from beyond the Café Dining Room Soffit. Secure to prevent dust/debris from entering bookstore. A zippered pass thru is acceptable. Plastic Barrier shall enclose such that all the dining room floor is contained
- Café equipment and supplies in the dining room and sales area to be removed and stored.
- Existing Pastry Case and Beverage Cooler to be disposed properly off site.
- Electrician to disconnect all equipment and secure lines appropriately
- Plumber to disconnect all equipment and secure lines appropriately
- Cabinets and countertops and any remaining accessories are removed by GC and disposed.
- Seating bar to be removed and disposed of. Save the stanchion legs for reuse.
- Remove the entrance Menu Pillars and repair any sheetrock necessary.
- Remove any railing separating the café from the store.
- Remove 4 feet of sheetrock from back wall to expose existing services for back and side café lines.
- Repair any damage to the wall structures as necessary.
- Layout for new services floor penetrations to be made.
- Floor Cutting to be responsibility of GC.
- Floor to be cut as needed for exposure (NO GAS OPERATIONS), and any debris removed as required.
- Remove all floor tile in the dining room and café sales area in preparation to install new floor tile. Café workroom not included.
- As floor tile is removed begin any floor damage repair necessary for proper tile adhesion and safety.
- Remove all wallpaper in the café to include the sales area and dining room. Walls shall be prepped appropriately for painting.
- Appropriate clean up at end of day.
- Rough in wall and in ground utilities.
- Install electric for the new outlets in the dining room as required.
- Remove existing track lighting and replace with customer supplied track lighting.
- Upgrade the lighting in the café sales area to new LED fixtures.
- Start and complete rough in wall and in ground utilities.
- Make any sheetrock repairs necessary in Café.
- Tile installation to begin for the dining room and sales area. There is approximately 1675 square feet of floor of ceramic tile to remove and replace.
- Rough In Inspections NLT 12 PM.
- Cover floor penetrations after inspections using appropriate materials
- Sheetrock to be installed on the walls and taped appropriately.
- Tile installation continues in the dining room and café sales area including ceramic base tile on the sales area back wall.
- All inspections are to be completed, floor covered, walls sheet rocked and finished by end of day
- Continue Repairs to sheetrock for painting
- Stain the existing wainscot, as necessary, to insure a clean finish look.
- Tile installers to continue with tile installation.
- All tile work to be completed.
- Trucks with new cafe Cabinetry, countertops, die wall, low walls and accessories will be staged in the side parking lot.
- Uncrate/unload all cabinetry, equipment and supplies and stage as appropriate in cafe. Cover with plastic as needed to protect.
- Die wall to be located and installed for the front line cabinets. Once set in place, secure the adjustable legs to the floor with appropriate screws or bolts.
- Install the supplied metal coves base on the die wall.
- Supply and install smooth white FRP on the back wall behind the cabinets from the top of the ceramic cove base to 32" A.F.F.
- Supply and install new Ceiling tiles in the cafe workroom and sales area.
- Install new cabinets for front and back cabinet lines.
- Sub tops to be set on all cabinetry and modified as required.
- Corian tops and subtops to be set on all cabinetry.
- Install and level Pastry Case and Beverage Cooler.
- Install/assist in the installation of the new backsplash. This is a solid surface material that matches the countertop.
- Install the supplied stainless steel coved base on the dining room side of the die wall.
- Install the new Eliason Workroom Doors.
- Trim out of all electrical needs. Electrician to have Thursday AM final inspections.
- Trim out of all plumbing needs.
- Thursday AM final inspections
- GPaint walls and soffits to supplied specifications.
- Cover Cash Registers with Plastic Sheeting to protect.
- Place any remaining appliances on countertops.
- Install new Menu Boards and Associated Posters.
- Install any items not included in this list but is necessary for the completion of the project.
- Install new data lines to front cabinetry for new Cash Registers.
- Final Inspections
- Install all appliances, small wares, soap and towel dispensers
- Install Espresso Makers and related equipment beginning no earlier than 2PM.
- Final cleanup beginning no later than 5PM unless otherwise informed.
- Final Health Inspection to be performed in AM.
- Punch List items.
- CAFÉ TO OPEN NO LATER THAN 9AM if Health Inspection completed.
- DUMPSTER MUST BE REMOVED NO LATER THAN 1PM ON THIS DATE.